Please schedule your appointments by calling 360-493-2586.
Before Your First Appointment
Before arriving for your first appointment, I need some information from you. This information helps me understand your dog and your goals for your dog, which helps me give your dog (and you) the best service possible.
- Please download the Canine History Form, complete it, and submit the completed form to me. You may e-mail it to me (through the Contact page of this website), you may FAX it to 360-455-1318, or you may mail it to 3929 Martin Way East, Suite E, Olympia, WA 98506. I must receive this completed form a minimum of 24 hours before your appointment!
- Please obtain approval from your veterinarian for your dog to participate in an exercise/fitness program. Here is an example of a Veterinary Approval letter. This is simply an example; your veterinarian may use his/her own words. I must receive your veterinarian’s approval a minimum of 24 hours before your appointment! Your veterinarian may e-mail it to me (GetFit@DogsinActionOlympia.com); FAX it to 360-455-1318; or mail it to 3929 Martin Way E, Suite E, Olympia, WA 98506.
- Please carefully read the Informed Consent form. I am happy to answer your questions before asking you to sign it. Or you may sign and submit it to me in advance by e-mail, FAX, or post.
Your First Appointment
Please allow an hour and a half for the assessment (first) appointment. During this time I will conduct an assessment of your dog’s current fitness and ability. I will not ask a dog to stay the entire time if s/he is tired. You will always be present with your dog. The cost is $100 for the assessment. After the assessment I may need time to think about your dog’s needs and develop a plan appropriate for you and your dog. You will receive a written Plan of Action.
Follow-up appointments are $75 for an hour or $45 for a half hour. In the first follow-up appointment (preferably an hour), I will go through the plan with you and together we will take your dog through the exercises so that you feel comfortable working with your dog at home. I will assure that you are guiding your dog safely through the exercises and make sure your dog is using good form. If you schedule your first follow-up appointment at the time you pay for your assessment, I give a discounted rate of $150 total for the assessment and first hour-long follow-up appointment.
Together we will decide on the frequency of follow-up sessions. Depending on your and your dog’s needs, I will give you an expanded plan of action to increase difficulty, adjust goal focus, and/or respond to changing conditions. I will make sure you feel comfortable working with your dog at home. Some people schedule follow-up appointments every two weeks or every month so that I can give them additional exercises or increase difficulty as their dog becomes stronger, or loses weight, or in other ways is achieving goals.
I remain available to you by phone or e-mail to answer your questions.
Earn Loyalty Rewards
Buy a pre-paid package of follow-up sessions and make life easier on yourself! A V.I.P. Card can help you plan for regular follow-up sessions. Purchase five sessions at once and get one session free (for a total of six sessions):
- Six 60-minute sessions – $375
- Six 30-minute sessions – $225
- Six 15-minute sessions (treadmill only) – $125
Canine Treadmill Work
For dogs who need a weight-loss program or for companions who are unable to give their dogs a cardio workout, Dogs in Action offers (canine) treadmill time. I first train your dog to use the treadmill safely and comfortably. This takes one or more training sessions. After your dog is happily walking or trotting on the treadmill, you may schedule treadmill sessions at the frequency and duration you desire (15/30/60 minutes). I always supervise and monitor your dog’s performance and safety; your dog is not left alone on the treadmill, and your dog is always free to get off.